I thought I'd get us started in getting to know one other. Please answer all the questions from the person before you and then add one question yourself.  I'll get us started!

1. Favorite Yoga Pose: bridge pose (although mine looks like a falling bridge, I love the way it feels on my back)
  2. Morning or night: I'm an early bird!
  3. What's a word that you say a lot? Down! (mostly to my dog)
  4. What is your desktop image? the ocean
  5. Favorite color: purple
  6. Favorite memory: when my girl's took me to San Diego after I finished all my chemo treatments
  7. Last Meal: corn and crab chowder with sour-dough bread
  8. What's one way people commonly misspell or mispronounce your name? Sometimes they'll just write or say Gina
  9. What are three things you've always wanted to do that you still plan to accomplish?
    Visit China. Learn salsa dancing. Drive across the country.
  10. Last time you dressed up for Halloween, what were you? A Crayola Crayon!

Your turn!

Views: 185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1.Favorite Yoga Pose: Bakasana and headstand.
2. Morning or Night: I am a night owl, even though my job dictates that I get up at 4:30am!
3. What's a word that you say a lot? Good for you!
4. What is your desktop image? Palm trees and the ocean.
5. Favorite color: Lavender
6. Favorite memory: All of my favorite people together and the grill setting on fire (obviously no one got hurt) and laughing our a$*es off.
7. Last meal: a green smoothie
8. What's one way that people commonly misspell or mispronounce your name? Here's the phonetic version- Cowa-lew-ski.
9. What are 3 things that you've always wanted to do that you still plan to accomplish? Travel, make a difference in people's lives and keep my family close to me, geographically speaking.
10. Last time you dressed up for Halloween, what were you? Not sure what you could call it, but I had a blond wig on and somehow that constituted a "costume".
11. Who should win American Idol? Umm, haven't watched it in some time.
12. Top chef? Can't watch it, it makes me too hungry.
13 Cancer lesson: Cancer survivors are some seriously strong and incredible peeps!
13. Do you have a favorite season? Summer for sure.
14. If you have some free time on our hands, where will you go or what will you do? Take time to smell the roses and be in the company of great people.
15. What is the best thing about practicing yoga? Self discovery- we will be forever students.
16. Do you believe in using props in your yoga practice and why? If I feel props are necessary for a specific pose, absolutely.
17. Favorite "junk" food? Gluten free pizza with a large amount of vegetables....WooHooo!
1.Favorite Yoga Pose: parvrtta trikonasana and SAVASANA baby!
2. Morning or Night: neither a night owl nor an early bird. how about, "i'm a day person"
3. What's a word that you say a lot? so . . .
4. What is your desktop image? a kind of '60s looking, mod illustration of someone in crescent lunge
5. Favorite color: the color i am wearing in my profile photo
6. Favorite memory: jumping off a roof with my siblings, into the swimming pool below us while on vacation in mexico
7. Last meal: lunch. tilapia, quinoa, steamed broccoli and asparagus
8. What's one way that people commonly misspell or mispronounce your name? Here's the phonetic version of my last name "Kooperman"
9. What are 3 things that you've always wanted to do that you still plan to accomplish? learn how to cook well, improve my slacklining skills (current challenge), travel more
10. Last time you dressed up for Halloween, what were you? can't remember :-(
11. Who should win American Idol? don't watch
12. Top chef? don't watch, but i was excited when that guy hosea won because he's from boulder and so am i, and the restaurant where he worked is one of my faves!
13 Cancer lesson: 1) don't sweat the small stuff, 2) the sooner you get comfortable with your own mortality, the easier life is
13. Do you have a favorite season? all of them! love hiking in the summer and snow sports in the winter. i love the way autumn smells and brings back childhood memories.
14. If you have some free time on our hands, where will you go or what will you do? hike, yoga, read, walk, watch movies, friends, family
15. What is the best thing about practicing yoga? it's home base, what i always want to come back to no matter what is going on or what i'm going through. i always feel better after yoga (practicing or teaching)
16. Do you believe in using props in your yoga practice and why? if necessary, sure. no need to call the yoga police for strap or block usage.
17. Favorite "junk" food? popcorn with a topping of melted butter, garlic, and a little bit of tamari
18. What are you reading right now? "Olive Kitteredge" for book club, and "Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers" for my own edification
1. Favorite Yoga Pose: Virabhadrasana II - makes me feel strong and alive.
2. Morning or night: Love the early hours but I don't usually see them
3. What's a word that you say a lot? Totally
4. What is your desktop image? A yogi sitting in lotus position
5. Favorite color: burgundy
6. Favorite memory: arriving at the mouth of the ganga river
7. Last Meal: spinach and lettuce salad with toasted almonds and boiled egg
8. What's one way people commonly misspell or mispronounce your name? ShYra - should be ShEEra
9. What are three things you've always wanted to do that you still plan to accomplish?
Open a restaurant. Drive across the U.S. Have children.
10. Last time you dressed up for Halloween, what were you? An Oompa Loompa
Favorite Yoga Pose: Currently, it's headstand. It rejuvinates me.
Morning or night: Morning, definitely.
What's a word that you say a lot? Thank you!
What is your desktop image? Rubicon trail near DL Bliss State Park, Tahoe
Favorite color: aquamarine
Favorite memory: That's hard. When my two sons and my husband got together to play music for my dad's 80th birthday. Watching the rehearsals warmed my heart.
Last Meal: grilled coho salmon, okra and garlic mashed potatoes. Yum!
What's one way people commonly misspell or mispronounce your name? My last name is Love, people say Louie or Low all the time.
What are three things you've always wanted to do that you still plan to accomplish?
Speak Spanish fluently, get certified in scuba diving and balance in the center of the room in handstand!

Last time you dressed up for Halloween, what were you? A St. Pauli Girl
11. Who should win American Idol? It's over now for the season. I don't remember who won.
12. Top chef? don't watch.
13 Cancer lesson: TAking care of your health is not selfish, it's a necessity!
13. Do you have a favorite season? Spring, the time of renewal.
14. If you have some free time on your hands, where will you go or what will you do? Swim, do yoga, read, call friends and family, hike.
15. What is the best thing about practicing yoga? It keeps me healthy and grounded on so many levels.

16. Do you believe in using props in your yoga practice and why? Absiolutely, if props are needed for good alignment, us them, they're great.
17. Favorite "junk" food? candy
18. What are you reading right now? Just finished Cutting for STone, a fabulous book. Just started Skeletons at the Feast. A love story set in WW2 Germany.
1. Favorite yoga pose: supta baddha konasana
2. Morning or night: morning
3. Favorite word: Here...to the dog that never minds me
4. Desktop image: Degas Ballerinas
5. Favorite color: blue
6. Favorite memory: my mother coming to take care of me after I gave birth to our son
7. Last meal: organic boneless, skinless chicken thighs, garden tomato salad, stuffed mushroom, yellow squash
8. My name: it is difficult....Basssmajeeeean
9. Paint (artistically), reach full Samadhi (still working on this one), take a workshop from Rama Jyoti Vernon
10.Halloween: I was a 6th grade teacher...dressed up as the garbage queen in my old ballet costume with garbage from the playground pinned to the tulle skirt, a foil crown and paperclip earrings...

RSS

Our Mission

Yoga Bear is a non-profit organization dedicated to connecting cancer fighters and survivors with free access to the benefits of healing yoga.

Free Online Yoga

We hope you enjoy the videos!

© 2014   Created by Yoga Bear.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service