I thought I'd get us started in getting to know one other. Please answer all the questions from the person before you and then add one question yourself.  I'll get us started!

1. Favorite Yoga Pose: bridge pose (although mine looks like a falling bridge, I love the way it feels on my back)
  2. Morning or night: I'm an early bird!
  3. What's a word that you say a lot? Down! (mostly to my dog)
  4. What is your desktop image? the ocean
  5. Favorite color: purple
  6. Favorite memory: when my girl's took me to San Diego after I finished all my chemo treatments
  7. Last Meal: corn and crab chowder with sour-dough bread
  8. What's one way people commonly misspell or mispronounce your name? Sometimes they'll just write or say Gina
  9. What are three things you've always wanted to do that you still plan to accomplish?
    Visit China. Learn salsa dancing. Drive across the country.
  10. Last time you dressed up for Halloween, what were you? A Crayola Crayon!

Your turn!

Views: 185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great idea Regina! Here are my answers, plus one more :)

1. Favorite Yoga Pose: tree pose- I love balancing
2. Morning or night: night owl
3. What's a word that you say a lot? "great"
4. What is your desktop image? a puppy!
5. Favorite color: green
6. Favorite memory: studying abroad in Italy
7. Last Meal: soba noodles with veggies and an apple
8. What's one way people commonly misspell or mispronounce your name? Haley / Hallie. And they pronounce it all sorts of ways. It's Halle-- rhymes with Sally.
9. What are three things you've always wanted to do that you still plan to accomplish?
Get a vespa. Get a dog. Visit Africa.
10. Last time you dressed up for Halloween, what were you? A lobster!
11. Who should win American Idol? Haley Vaughn!
Fun!

1. Favorite Yoga Pose: bakasana
2. Morning or night: morning.
3. What's a word that you say a lot? I probably shouldn't say it publicly. Starts with "s" and rhymes with "fit."
4. What is your desktop image? some pretty little house
5. Favorite color: blue
6. Favorite memory: dude, I try to live in the present! (just kidding: there are too many to count)
7. Last Meal: fusili with kale pesto
8. What's one way people commonly misspell or mispronounce your name? With an "s"
Master the Ashtanga primary series (jump-back!), visit the Greek Isles, fully commit to vegetarianism
10. Last time you dressed up for Halloween, what were you? A grumpy mom.
11. Who should win American Idol? I haven't watched since first season.
12. Do you watch Top Chef? YES!!
triangle: i feel a great opening and expansion in this pose
morning...i don't want to ever miss a sunrise
favorite desktop image the buddha
passion after the experience of cancer i feel passion more than ever
favorite color green the color of spring, renewal, optimism
favorite memory too many to pick one
last meal salmon, broccoli rabe, brown rice, crusty bread with olive oil and red wine
ah lish a it's ah lees e a
i want to travel the world and take my time, i want to smell the neck of a grandchild, i want to learn how to make bread [of course i will eat it as it comes out of the oven!!!!!!!]
a hippie from a time i remember well

american idol??????/the girl with the harmonica and guitar! love her spirit.
1. Favorite yoga pose: pidgeon pose is my absolute favorite. great hip-opener, lower back release, aaaaahhh
2. Morning or night: Is this a trick question...morning, noon and night. I'm a yoga junkie.
3. Favorite desktop image: my grandson doing prayer/spreading tree pose
4. Passion after the experience of cancer: Breath/movement/balance and to never take anything in life for granted and live every day to it's fullest. Short version: yoga
5. Favorite color: buttercup yellow....and those little yummies will soon be sprouting.
6. Favorite memory: Favorite, I'm not sure, but one I will never forget was a picture taken by my heart
of my children and grandchildren gathering for celebration of life of my husband.
7. Last meal: steel-cut oatmeal, greek yogurt, blueberries and almonds
8. No one mispronounces or misspells but some do forget.
9. 3 Things to do: Learn to swim really well. Dive. Float without props. For now though, love floating on my back with a "noodle" between my legs which is great for the iliopsoas.
10. Last time dressed up for Halloween: Joan Rivers working the red carpet.
11. Who should win American Idol: As long as Ellen is on the show no one can top her in my book.
12. Do you watch Top Chef: Don't but should especially if more vegan meals
1. "Pose of Tranquility" (a Halasana variation)
2. Night Owl
3. Thanks!
4. Bamboo
5. Taupe
6. County Planning Commission meeting Sept 09--the last time I spoke publicly before my laryngectomy.
7. Homemade 15-bean soup, Triscuits topped with sliced jack cheese & avocado.
8. "Mac-EL-voy"
9. Become an RYT. Grow www.MensYogaStore.com to at least 10 employees. Re-side my house with cement board and an extra layer of "green" insulation.
10. Stylish.
11. What is the most important lesson living with cancer has taught you?
1. pose: I love Handstands!
2. Pm or Am: glorious (esp sunny) mornings here in the Northeast
3. Word: Bright!
4. Desktop:Mount Kailesh
5. Fave Color: sparkly brights
6. Memory: when I really GOT the experience of each precious moment of Life
7. Last meal: corn chips, refried beans, goat cheese, avocado, papaya, chai tea afterwards
8. Name Fun: only my maiden name is tricky for some individuals ... how would you pronounce Guyot?
9. 3 thinks to Do Still: Play with Raw Food Diet more consistently, do a Looong meditation retreat, I hope I get to see some grandchildren
10. Halloween: Mini-Mouse
11. AMerican Idol: don't know
12. Top chef? nope
13. Cancer lesson? to enjoy every Precious Moment
14. Do you have a favorite Season? Though they all are great, I like fall's colors, crisp air, and can balance turning out with turning in, out, in, out....:)
1. Favorite Yoga Pose: supta virasana and ardha chandrasana
2. Morning or night: both i suppose it depends what i am doing
3. What's a word that you say a lot? gratitude and fabulous
4. What is your desktop image? an image of me in a yoga pose from a recent photo shoot
5. Favorite color: turquiose
6. Favorite memory: saying goodbye to my mommy in the hospital and i saying to her i love you and her responding to me i love you MORE
7. Last Meal: asparagus, orange bell pepper, brussell sprouts sauted in garlic in grapeseed oil
8. What's one way people commonly misspell or mispronounce your name? danny or duane
9. What are three things you've always wanted to do that you still plan to accomplish? to obtain my MFA, to spend many months in india, to cultivate a community wellness center offering yoga, dance and massage
10. Last time you dressed up for Halloween, what were you? cleopatra 2009
11. AMerican Idol: i do not watch much tv
12. Top chef? i do not watch much tv
13. Cancer lesson? cancer can kill the physical body but it can NEVER kill the beautiful spirit of the ones we love so dearly...my mommy's courage is inspirational
14. Do you have a favorite season? any season that allows me to witness nature it all its beautiful manifestations
15. You have some free time on your hands where will you go or what will you do? i will go to the beach to face the ocean, to breathe in the salty air and stare in awe at all the many ways the waves crash upon the shore
How did I miss this?
Pigeon Pose
Morning bird!
Sure!
Our daughter, Jesse, with Buddy (our Golden)
Red(Fire)
Visiting Netherlands
Pizza
See the Northern Lights. Sing solo. Have a spa day at our home.
Giraffe!
1.Favourite Yoga Pose: Bridge pose as it strengthens the legs and hips, massages the spine, and opens the heart.
2. Morning or Night: morning as i love the feeling of a brand new day!
3. What's a word that you say a lot? i can do it!
4. What is your desktop image? pretty flowers
5. Favorite color: blue
6. Favorite memory: going for an outing with my mom and sis
7. Last meal: a homecook meal made by my mom
8. What's one way that people commonly mispell or mispronounce your name? karen or karyn
9. What are 3 things that you've always wanted to do that you still plan to accomplish? write a good story, do a perfect headstand and have a successful business with my sister.
10. Last time you dressed up for Halloween, what were you? never dressed up for Halloween
11. Who should win American Idol? sorry, not following the series since a few years back.
12. Top chef? love to watch Chef Michael Smith and his motto "ccoking without a recipe"
13 Cancer lesson: the support of family and friends is very important.
13. Do you have a favourite season? i love all the four seasons as they represent a different phase in our life.
14. If you have some free time on our hands, where will you go or what will you do? go to my yoga studio, have a good yoga practice and afterwards hang out with my teacher and fellow practitioners.
15. What is the best thing about practising yoga? applying what i learn into my daily life.
16. Do you believe in using props in your yoga practice and why? yes as it helps in alignment and deepening the pose.
▶ Reply to This
1. fave pose? triangle. cuz i have trouble w/ balance, and when i can do it w/ relative ease it's delish,
2. yoga time? morning i wish, but any time is good.
3. word i say a lot? 'hmmm...', and 'wonderful'
4. desk top image? country lane in the fall. lined w/ old maples, w/ brilliant golden leaves on the trees, as well as covering the ground, a rural meandering fence in the bkgd.
5. fave color? 'all of them , even clear', as my grandson said recently. tho purple is maybe my least fave.
6. fave memory? my 2nd wedding; birth of my 5 yr old grandson; how wonderful and supportive people [ esp my sibs and kids, as well as a few special friends] were around my surgery and decision making.
7. last meal? supper tonight: curried brown rice w/ tofu , french green beans and garlic, and white beans and garlic. yum!
8. how people change my name? sue instead of susan.
9. 3 things yet to accomplish? being mindful/acting from love when it matters [ like when my husband seems provocative!] , making money from my art, painting daily,[ and flying w/ ease!]. also.. ., ceasing to worry!
10 . halloween? usually a witch, once a beautiful ghost, once a beautiful black cat.
11. american idol? no tv
12.top chef? no tv. love julia child and michio kushi... and martha, and more..
13. cancer lesson? people are wonderful! life is good! it's all the same. still learning that.
13. fave season? winter and spring, and then there's fall and summer [ and gardens and ocean!]
14. free time? paint, read, plan, walk, yog, meditate, garden, organize! what free time?
15. best about yoga? gives me moments when i am
16. use props? sure, for comfort, ease, as well as moving further into it.
17. what do you really do about those things that buzz in one's head[ usually people and how they relate to me, and i to them] ? sometimes, i pivot from them, sometimes, i walk, sometimes, i appreciate they are gone for awhile when i meditate, sometimes i read too much about forgiving or saying 'what i mean'. or remember it's my karma and wonder what the hell is it about???
1. fave pose? wide leg forward bend...it feels good.
2. yoga time? morning...
3. word i say a lot? thank you
4. desk top image? Mt Huashan
5. fave color? golden yellow
6. fave memory? hmmm... don't have one
7. last meal? chinese buffet...very good. lot of variety
8. how people change my name? Rob instead of Bob... its all good.
9. 3 things yet to accomplish? feel whole... learn tai chi...get over broken heart...
10 . halloween? missed it again...
11. american idol? never watched
12.top chef? never watched.
13. cancer lesson? why put off until tomorrow what you can do today.
13. fave season? spring...new beginnings.
14. free time? read...learn..
15. best about yoga? continue going deeper.
16. use props? sometimes...if poses held longer.
17. what do you really do about those things that buzz in one's head ? when I dont get carrier off by them... I like to chant.
1. Child's pose for now, until I learn more. It's so soothing...
2. Night (like now)
3. Ummmmmm
4. One of my favorite photos I took for inclusion in a book on Porsche 911s
5. Blue, stormy sea blue
6. My daughter's first laugh
7. Lynn, and the last name gets mangled. Butter, Booder, Bayder, And then one time; Golden!
8. Mashed potatoes with Seitan Piccata with capers and olives
9. Travel the world, learn French, write a novel, win a car race on a famous track
10. A racecar driver

RSS

Our Mission

Yoga Bear is a non-profit organization dedicated to connecting cancer fighters and survivors with free access to the benefits of healing yoga.

Free Online Yoga

We hope you enjoy the videos!

© 2014   Created by Yoga Bear.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service