Good day everybody!

I was just wondering what are some of your personal favorite means of staying healthy (specifically for battling cancer) besides yoga and traditional medicine? I was thinking maybe some good books to read, eating certain foods, special exercises, or any other alternative (my personal favorite is pachouli and nag-champa incense, mmmm...) A friend of mine who is fighting cancer is looking for some ideas, so any suggestions would be very helpful!

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Laughter is great medicine. Here are some things that keep me healthy and happy:

- Author David Sedaris. His books are incredible.
- Cupcakes
- Any show or movie with Tina Fey
- Outdoor picnics with friends
hahaha cupcakes....

Halle Tecco said:
Laughter is great medicine. Here are some things that keep me healthy and happy:

- Author David Sedaris. His books are incredible.
- Cupcakes
- Any show or movie with Tina Fey
- Outdoor picnics with friends
1. Bernie S. Siegel's: "Love, Medicine & Miracles: Lessons Learned about Self-Healing from a Surgeon's Experience with Exceptional Patients." Very inspiring book.
2. Acupuncture, herbs
3. One hour special, "Chewed Up" by stand-up comedian Louis C.K.
4. Recording something pleasant everyday.
5. MBSR
6. Cinnamon and ginger can help with nausea.
7. Netflix
hello all,
Yes, attitude and laughter are very important for sure. But also a diet of raw foods and loads of dark leafy green vegetables, lightly steamed if digestion is an issue. Lots of fresh ginger for nausea if on Chemotherapy, it fights inflammation as well----good for many ailments.

Also you can get a Native Indian herbal blend to cleanse the blood, stop tumors----called Essiac. Check it out at your local Health Food store, it has been around for hundreds of years!!!

for a new way of living....yoga teacher training

RSS

Our Mission

Yoga Bear is a non-profit organization dedicated to connecting cancer fighters and survivors with free access to the benefits of healing yoga.

Free Online Yoga

We hope you enjoy the videos!

© 2014   Created by Yoga Bear.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service