OM Yoga Teacher Training

for Women Cancer Survivors

Aug 19-23, 2010

Essence of Yoga Studio, Holbrook, NY

Taught by Tari Prinster

Yoga for cancer survivors is not just another gentle yoga class.

This unique 45 hour training program offers certified yoga teachers the opportunity to learn about the limitations imposed by breast cancer surgeries, the many lifelong side-effects, the vulnerabilities of cancer
treatments and reconstruction. You will learn which asanas help or harm, how to
modify poses using props and how to integrate specific healing movements for
common issues such as lymphedema, fatigue and osteoporosis.

You will gain the skills and confidence to teach a yoga class that cultivates hope, removes stigma and provides healing and benefit for these warrior women.

The 45 hour training includes:

• Lecture and discussions

• Analysis of appropriate and non-appropriate poses with attention to the special benefits for cancer survivors

• Guidelines to make simple vinyasa sequences

• Practice teaching 

• Discussion about how to get referrals and start a survivor yoga program.

How to Begin

You are eligible to apply if you are a yoga teacher certified at the 200 hour level, inspired to extend your teaching into a growing area of need, and interested in offering intelligent, beneficial group
or private yoga classes for women cancer survivors.

Apply Now.

TUITION: $500

(Earlybird $475 register by July 16)

Contact Linda Hacker (createspace@optonline.net)

About Tari

Tari Prinster is a cancer survivor and a yoga teacher. She is Principal Teacher of Yoga for Women Cancer Survivors Program at OM Yoga, NYC; Director and Principle Teacher of the Woman Cancer Survivor Teacher
Training at OM Yoga, NYC; Yoga Program Director for The Libby Ross Foundation;
YogaBear, Advisory Board Member; and Living Beauty Foundation, Advisory Board

She is a regular presenter at the Yoga Journal Conference.  Her abstract entitled, One-Size-Does-not-Fit-All: Teaching teachers how to teach yoga to cancer
survivors, was presented at SYTAR Conference, 2007.

"This training was exactly what I needed to fill in the gaps of my own knowledge and former training. I feel much more confident and I am able to approach my patients with
greater awareness.”

OM Yoga for Women Cancer Survivors graduate.

Views: 21

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for posting this, Michelle! I've shared this information on my Facebook page and happy to help spread the word. xxx Diane

RSS

Our Mission

Yoga Bear is a non-profit organization dedicated to connecting cancer fighters and survivors with free access to the benefits of healing yoga.

Free Online Yoga

We hope you enjoy the videos!

© 2014   Created by Yoga Bear.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service